If you cannot reach an approved witness – please contact the Electoral Commission at email@example.com.
We can help you by remotely witnessing your signing of the following documents.
- Registration Form 01: Application for Registration
- Registration Form 04: Overseas Application for Transfer of Registration
- Proxy Form 01: Application for Proxy Voting Authorisation (Proxy forms need to wait until proxy applications open – 21 days before the election)
Here are the simple steps:
- We will set up a time and send you a video link.
- We will ask you a series of questions to prove your identity and then ask you to complete the form so that is visible to the witness.
- The application form must be completed on video so that we can see.
- After signing the form, you will hold up the form to the camera and showing your face and a screenshot will be taken and saved.
- We will keep a record of the video witness.
- Then you have three days to scan the form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important notes for new Registrants:
- For Registration Applications, you must provide the following 2 documents
- Birth Certificate or Hospital Return from country of birth showing parents’ names, and
- One (1) Photo identity (eg driver’s license, travel card, health card etc)
- The name you register as must match the names you are using in your country of residence.