Free and Fair Elections for all Nauruans
The Electoral Act established the structure of the Electoral Commission as comprising three Commissioners members. All three are appointed by the President on advice of Cabinet for a period of four years.
The NEC is responsible for the general inspection of the electoral process ensuring that the process is uniform across all constituencies. The NEC is the highest institution to oversee the electoral processes in Nauru. It has the following key duties and responsibilities:
• Develop the election policies, procedures, policies and regulations to facilitate elections
• Register Voters for the election of members of Parliament and the
• Conduct of elections in accordance with the 2016 electoral act.
• Encourage all voters to vote and help them understand the process and its place in Nauruan life.
Vision and Mission
To serve Nauru with excellence
a professional, resilient, and independent electoral institution
empowered and informed voters
- To conduct elections in an independent, transparent, and impartial manner, empowering citizens to make informed decisions and ensuring equal participation and opportunity for all.
- To uphold the highest standards of professionalism, efficiency, and credibility inall aspects of our work, while promoting the integrity, inclusivity, and fairness ofour democratic processes.
- Through our commitment to transparency, adaptability, and continuousimprovement, to build trust with all stakeholders and strengthen democracy bypromoting the will of all Nauruans.