Find Your Polling Venue (To Be Confirmed)
|Aiwo||Centennial Hall||Opposite Civic Center|
|Anabar||Volley Ball Area||Gobure’s Residence|
|Anetan||Anetan Infant School|
|Anibare||Open Market||Next to Harbour|
|Baiti||Old Petrol Station (Bedywo)|
|Boe||Boe Infant School||Opposite Cemetery|
|Buada||Church Hall||Behind Church|
|Denigomodu||Nauru College||Opposite Eigigu|
|Ewa||Sacred Heart College Hall|
|Ijuw||Open Area||In front of Iju Store|
|Meneng||Meneng Infant School & community Hall|
|Nibok||Nibok Infant School|
|Uaboe||Next to Domaneab||By Road|
|Yaren||Yaren Primary School||Opposite Runway|
|Mobile Polling||Hospital, Prison, Home Visits|
Note: The Voter Roll for 2022 closed on 3 September. Transfers and new registrations cannot be accepted.
Are You Registered To Vote?
As a citizen of Nauru you must be registered to vote and all citizens who turn 20 are automatically added to the voter roll.
It is crucial that you come to the NEC in the civic center to check your details are correct and that you are registered in the correct district.
The Voter Roll Closes on Saturday 3 September for new registrations and transfers.
Do you need to transfer your district?
Please read the voter registration fact sheet for information about transferring your registration to a new district. If you meet the criteria to transfer then please:
- Download the transfer form and fill it out.
- Pay the transfer fee and bring the payment receipt and form to the NEC office.
- The fee to transfer is currently $1,000.
- We can answer any questions you may have and are happy to help.
If you are overseas and need to transfer your district registration:
- Download the Overseas Application For Transfer Form
- Get a barrister or solicitor, a pleader, a Commissioner of Oaths, the Honorary Counsel or High Commissioner of your Nauruan Embassy, or a person appointed by the Electoral Commissioner to witness (sign) your form
- Scan and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get someone to pay the transfer fee for you. Send them your form too to make sure they submit the right application when they pay the fee. Please get them to visit the NEC offices for information about how to make the payment and submit your application.
As a citizen of Nauru, and aged over 20, it is compulsory to vote in the general election.
If you are out of Nauru on Polling Day, are seriously ill or infirm, or have a reason that is valid and sufficient, you may be excused but you will have to provide proof of your reason for not voting.
Not voting is an offense – you will be asked to explain why and may have to pay a fine.
You must vote in the district in which you are registered
There are many ways to vote:
- Vote at your polling station on Polling Day
- Appoint a proxy to vote for you if you are on in Nauru on Polling Day
- Early voting in the week before Polling Day
- Mobile voting (electoral officials will visit you to help you vote if you cannot come to the Polling Center due to illness or if you are in Prison)
Mobile Voting (Special Needs)
If you cannot come to the voting place because you are ill, infirm, or approaching maternity you can ask the NEC to visit you instead.
Applications must be at least 2 days before the Election Day, or 2 days ahead of early voting.
Download Factsheet ↓ (Coming soon)
Overseas On Election Day? (Proxy Voting)
If you will not be in Nauru on Polling Day, you can apply to the Electoral Commission for a proxy voting authorization to appoint someone from the same district to vote for you (your proxy). You will need to have a witness when you sign the form. This can be an NEC appointed witnesses or Consulate/ Embassy or Legal Practitioner. you can also use our remote witnessing program.
A new change allows your proxy to cast a vote on your behalf during early voting. However you cannot withdraw your authorisation for them to vote after they have voted.
See our step-by-step guide below:
Early voting help voters who cannot vote on Polling Day, to vote beforehand. Early voting is now available to all voters.
Early voting will be available for a week before Polling day from 9am Monday 19 September 2022 to 5pm Friday 23 September.
Come to the Early Voting Center, bring ID with you if you can. Complete a quick application form. Once the application is approved you can vote immediately.